Leading When it Matters Most Ready, Relevant, and Resilient through Crisis and Change
Winter Session: December 3-8, 2023 & March 12-15, 2024
Summer Session: June 9-14, 2024 & September 24-27, 2024
An intensive, in-person program that accelerates mastery of cutting-edge leadership thinking and practices. Faculty guide deep, discussion-based exploration of the most difficult issues and decisions today’s leaders face in crisis and change. They draw upon the proven, evidence-based “meta-leadership” framework that incorporates decades of research and real-world experience. Leaders who face rapidly changing conditions – crises, disruption, and risks – will learn practical techniques to establish their presence, build robust relationships, and achieve mission-critical objectives. Two residential sessions on the Harvard campus bookend a series of guided, online peer-learning activities. The program stimulates understanding of the inner and outer journeys to lead effectively, expanding each participant’s competencies and confidence.
Who Should Apply
- Professionals with five years or more experience in the private, public, or non-profit sector.
- State, Local, and Federal officials in public heath, emergency preparedness and response, homeland security, transportation, and intelligence agencies.
- Private sector executives and directors responsible for business continuity and health, safety, and environment of an agency.
- Military, in all branches, responsible for preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Non-profit executives and directors responsibile for planning and responding to crisis.
Top Industries Represented
- Government Administration
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Discover how your character defines your effectiveness and impact as a leader.
- Explore human behavior to become a more disciplined leader others eagerly follow.
- Acquire the mindset and tools for situational insight to improve performance and outcomes.
- Learn how to reach consistent, high-quality decisions amidst ambiguity and high pressure.
- Develop a multi-dimensional perspective essential for resolving conflict and stimulating collaboration across traditional boundaries.
- Join a robust professional network, prepared to lead resilient, high commitment, high performance teams and organizations.
- Must be able to attend both residential weeks as well as four virtual sessions and participate in the peer learning experience
- There are no formal educational requirements as participants in our programs have a wide-array of professional experience.
- Candidates must have fluency in written and spoken English due to the interactive nature of this program with classmates.
In a fast-changing world, every leader needs to be ready to navigate change and crisis. Every organization needs to prioritize workforce wellness, readiness, and resilience. The NPLI learning experience improves participants’ confidence and capacity to lead every day as well as when everything is on the line. They return equipped to lead their teams and their organizations in achieving mission-critical objectives.
Our curriculum is designed around evidence-based leader competencies based on decades of field research and practice. Participants learn from internationally recognized academics and practitioners. The impact for your organization is immediate.
You will be connected to a vibrant and enduring learning community at Harvard that spans decades of NPLI alumni across the public, private, and non-profit sectors. This extensive network of faculty and alumni has been called “a true national resource,” providing valuable professional connections and lifelong friendships